Wednesday, July 1, 2009

These niggles are driving me nuts!

Hmm, not sure what happened, but after my good run on Sunday I woke up on Monday morning with a really sore right achilles tendon. So sore that I could hardly walk for most of Monday. So sore that I had my first visions of (said very quietly) not being able to run.

I iced it on Monday and Tuesday nights, chose to defer my first run for the week a day till Wednesday, and hoped for the best. Thankfully, come Wednesday night and my track session, it did not bother me. But I iced it tonight for good measure and probably will do for a while as a precaution.

As if to rub salt into my wounds, I woke on Tuesday morning with a really sore throat which only got worse today. I must have trod on a fairy or something since it feels like I've been suffering one minor malady or other almost consistently for a month or so now. I'll need to get on top of this in quick order.

Which brings me to the run tonight. A simple session at the track of 4x 800m in 3.05min with 2min rest between each. My previous 800's had been run in 3.12 and with my ailments I expected to run somewhere around 3.10 so I was pleased to knock out the repeats in 3.05/3.08/3.04/3.05. I am sure with a good throat, less wind and in daylight I could go a few seconds faster so pretty pleased with that.

1 comment:

  1. One of the good things about the Furman program is that you have only three running sessions per week so you can adapt the schedule to accommodate minor injury. Your times for the 4x800m were great, though it is possible that the minor niggles indicate that you are pushing yourself near to the limit. I hope that the problem is simply that you trod on a fairy, but nonetheless take care.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP